To Enhance Learning Opportunities For All Students Of The Bethlehem Area School District.
- Mobilize the community to recognize the important role of public education in Bethlehem
- Promote teacher innovation to advance curriculum and dynamic learning environments
- Support school district programs that emphasize Core Learning, Stretch Learning, Student Engagement and Personal Skill Development
- Encourage family and community partnerships for student success
- Raise money to support the mission of the foundation
- Provide stewardship for designated scholarships
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees made up of members of the community working in concert with, but independent of the Bethlehem Area School District. The foundation has worked closely with school district administrators to prepare programs and opportunities for funding that will support rigor, relevance and innovation in classrooms throughout the district.
Programs and initiatives receiving funding in the past from the foundation include leadership conference grants, summer foreign language programming, outdoor Quest programs, choral projects, scholarship grants, and the purchase of musical instruments at 22 district buildings.