To Enhance Learning Opportunities For All Students Of The Bethlehem Area School District.
||The Bethlehem Area Education Foundation is pleased to announce the appointment of Julie Bailey as the new Executive Director of the Foundation. Ms. Bailey's professional experience in sales provides her with the strategic planning and budget analysis skills that are invaluable to the Foundation's fundraising goals. Moreover, Ms. Bailey has ample philanthropic experience, including holding positions as Hanover Elementary School's PTA Treasurer and Scholastic Book Fair Chairperson, Cub Scout Pack 368 Membership Chair, and Board Member for J's Run, which raises awareness for pancreatic cancer. Ms. Bailey was recently honored as one of the top 100 fundraisers for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.|
- Mobilize the community to recognize the important role of public education in Bethlehem
- Promote teacher innovation to advance curriculum and dynamic learning environments
- Support school district programs that emphasize Core Learning, Stretch Learning, Student Engagement and Personal Skill Development
- Encourage family and community partnerships for student success
- Raise money to support the mission of the foundation
- Provide stewardship for designated scholarships
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees made up of members of the community working in concert with, but independent of the Bethlehem Area School District. The foundation has worked closely with school district administrators to prepare programs and opportunities for funding that will support rigor, relevance and innovation in classrooms throughout the district.
Programs and initiatives receiving funding in the past from the foundation include leadership conference grants, summer foreign language programming, outdoor Quest programs, choral projects, scholarship grants, and the purchase of musical instruments at 22 district buildings.